Tuesday, March 11, 2008

IT issues at SIT

It seems as if the one place that needs the most help with managing the IT department is here (SIT); I have not been able to have reliable internet service in my dorm since the beginning of the year. First, I accidentally ripped the ethernet jack off the wall back in October. Well, it was just fixed this January. The jack was re-connected and everything looked fine but the internet was not working. They finally came back and fixed the problem not too long ago and I even got a new ethernet cable that was long enough to reach my desk. Well, the ethernet still didn't work; but, somehow, I was able to pick up a wireless signal. Last week that wireless signal malfunctioned and my internet connection went down the drain. I called again and this time they came to my dorm the day after I called. They fixed the port but my cable stopped working; I was given a new cable. The new cable fixed the issue, but it is too short and cannot reach my desk. I am now waiting for a super long cable.
I really wish that they we could have a better-managed IT department. Or more manpower to handle our needs. I have known of many people having internet issues in their dormitories. This is unacceptable and should be better addressed. Argh!

2 comments:

long Vietnam said...

I think next time if they come, you should ask them to help you to move your desk, I think they will and they are capable enough to do it.
Cheer,

Long (Just for kidding - good luck)

Catherine said...

ahhh, there are always challenges with technology. Sorry to hear about the chaos at SIT. A good reminder to always have a "Plan B".
Catherine